20 FUN, HANDY TIPS AND IDEAS FOR YOUR BIG DAY!
1. On the RSVP Card - include a line where guests can write a song request
2. In your invite package - include a card with accommodation suggestions and include handy information such as the local taxi number and cafés
3. If you have loved ones who have passed - put a photo charm around your bouquet and carry them with you down the isle.
4. If you are having an outdoor ceremony - have a basket of paper fans or umbrellas for guests to keep cool
5. Include some colourful confetti for guests to throw - makes for great photos!
6. Place "advice cards" on each table and have the Best Man read some our during his speech - will break the ice and make for some great laughs.
7. If you prefer something else to the usual guest look - why not have an old vintage globe for guests to sign or a puzzle
8. Create little "hangover" kits for your bridal party
9. Spread out the speeches throughout the night so it is not in one block.
10. Have glasses filled with water and a flower in them - simple and inexpensive décor idea
11. While your off having your photos - keep guests entertained with "lawn games" and music
12. Give your photographer a list of unique photos you wish for them to capture
13. Instead of hiring an expensive fancy photo booth station, why not create your own backdrop and provide props. Much more cost effective.
14. Choose a wedding favour that is practical, unique and personalised.
15. Place a "thank you sign" on each guest table thanking everyone for their love and well wishes
16. Get the girls together leading up to the wedding and watch and the cult classic wedding chick flicks
17. If you get your wedding dress altered, make sure you can sit in it before they make the dress smaller
18. If you are having kids at the wedding, create a little kid package for each including a colour book, crayons and bubble to keep them amused
19. Get your last facial done a week before the wedding to ensure you're your skin is perfect and free of irritations
20. Leave your Groom a little gift on his bed on the day of the wedding - a box filled with his favourite spirit, mixer and a personalised glass from his bride-to-be.
By: Melissa Wilkinson
Melissa is the founder of Personalised Favours and has considerable experience in the wedding industry. She is commonly sought for comment on all things wedding related and has worked closely with thousands of couples to create invitations and wedding favours that are truly unique.