5 TIPS ON HOW TO BE A SAVVY SHOPPER
Although having the uncanny talent of finding a bargain is a top trait of a Savvy Shopper, in essence it is about making the most out of your hard-earned dollars. Part of being a savvy shopper is knowing when and where to buy.
Life is busy and who has time these days to be wandering around the shops only to come home with nothing. Using the convenience of online shopping, you can compare products and find a sale.
- Remember that supporting local and Australian made businesses is at the forefront of many people’s minds and although the price may not be the lowest, you may find that shipping is cheaper, delivery is faster and the quality is far superior.
- Shopping out of season can snag you a bargain and taking advantage of those mid-year or end of year sales events. These major events are a great time to stock up on birthday and Christmas gifts for loved ones. It is important to set yourself a budget and ensure this includes postage if you plan to shop online.
- Ask questions and know store policies. If you’re unsure about a product or delivery timeframes, there are many methods available to get in contact with the business. Make sure you check delivery policies and ensure you are organised.
- Keep an eye out for promo codes and deals. If for instance Father’s Day is approaching and you’re in the market for a unique gift for Dad, many businesses will offer promo codes with huge savings on a particular range. While these seem like typical sales tactics, they are in fact very handy if you are already browsing for a particular gift. Open those weekly emails and you may just discover a handy saving.
- Remember to be polite and friendly to staff. Not only does this apply to staff in stores but online businesses too. Times have been tough for Aussies and business owners are incredibly grateful to receive your business and any feedback.