These days everyone wants a destination wedding. Why make the fun end after only one day, when you can gather your nearest and dearest together for a week-long celebration of you and your betrothed? We have scoured the country and a little further abroad, to bring you our top five destination wedding locations for 2016.
Destination wedding considerations
When choosing the perfect destination for their impending nuptials, many couples choose a location that is close to their hearts - a place of great sentimental value or that symbolises key elements of their relationship. Others are guided by more practical concerns; will it be easy for my guests to travel to and from this location, is there ample accommodation, can we be legally married in this part of the world? Whatever your motivation or practical considerations, our top five destination wedding locations have something for everyone:
- The Whitsundays - You can't go wrong with warm tropical waters and white sandy beaches. Known as the gateway to one of our country's most infamous assets, The Great Barrier Reef, and with your choice of islands, venues and experienced wedding planners, it's little wonder The Whitsundays are at the top of our destination wedding list.
- Byron Bay - If a chilled out vibe is your thing, look no further than Byron Bay. Offering captivating coastline and surrounded by stunning hinterland, Byron Bay offers the best of both worlds. Its range of venues and accommodation from exclusive to eccentric make it a popular destination wedding location on any budget.Think fire twirlers, circus performers, surfing, serenades and yoga before breakfast.
- Bali - With more and more Aussies opting to tie the knot in this timeless tropical paradise, we couldn't leave Bali off our list of top destination wedding venues. Whether you want to DIY or have the entire event stage-managed by a professional wedding planner, Bali caters for every option - and it's a great excuse to get friends and family together for a sun and fun filled getaway.
- Southern Highlands - If you're more of a 'rustic country charm' kind of couple, the Southern Highlands of New South Wales could be just what you're looking for. Offering grand venues that couple old world charm with modern elegance, if your guest book is leaning toward the 200 plus, this romantic rural region could be a perfect fit.
- Fiji - This island oasis is becoming an increasingly popular destination for Aussie couples looking to get hitched abroad. With regular flights, package deals and a wealth of accommodation options to suit even the fussiest guest, this South Pacific paradise rounds out our top five destination wedding locations for 2016.
Destination: Wedding Whatever your destination, every detail for your big day can be found at www.PersonalisedFavours.com.au