Mums are often called upon to offer advice and with Mother's Day just around the corner, we decided to celebrate this special occasion with an online facebook competition. To WIN an engraved Mothers Day Hamper, we asked, "What was the best or worst advice your Mother gave you?"
We had a fabulous response and thought we share with you the top 5 Best and Worst advice your Mother as given you:
Planning a wedding is not an easy feat. There are so many things to consider and more often than not, it can be a stressful experience. As the Mother of the Bride, the best thing to do is to acknowledge how hard it can be planning a wedding and to be as helpful and supportive as possible.
Here are some helpful responsibilities Mums can take care of:
- Help find & get quotes on ceremony locations
- Help the bride choose her wedding dress
- Assist the bride with the guest list.
- Determine what the bride wants you to wear on the special day. Then consult with the mother of the groom so you can both coordinate your elegance.
- Attend and help organise the bridal shower/hens night
- Assist with preparing and organising wedding
With Mother's Day fast approaching, there's no better time to share with you: 4 ways to make mum feel special this Mothers Day!
1. Give her some time off!!
New mums want more sleep! So Dad, let her sleep in! Its dad's turn to do all the running around get up early to get the baby.
2. Give her a gift she'll love!
Flowers, chocolates, and cards are popular gifts to symbolize one's love and appreciation for their mother or mother figure. The carnation is a type of flower that is particularly symbolic of Mother's Day for some people. We have a fabulous range of gifts for your mum this year! See below >