There are so many factors which influence us during the wedding planning stages. Planning a wedding during COVID can be stressful and confusing at best. Conflicting information through the media can make it difficult to move forward with a solid plan.
Here are a quick few tips:
- Stay informed and follow guidelines. Your first point of call is to get factual and up to date information from your national and state government websites.
- Embrace the downtime. It’s a silver lining but will give you time to focus on the intricate details of your event while spending time researching and reflecting what you and your partner really want from the day. Chat to vendors and see what’s on offer and how they can cater for your event during a pandemic.
- Think local. Support local businesses and industry where you can. Your community will be forever grateful for it and it will surely make a positive impact for local businesses.
- Keep it intimate. For some, reducing a large-scale event will be a challenge but for others, an intimate gathering will be welcomed.
- Many businesses are hosting virtual one-on-one consultations using Skype and FaceTime. Take advantage of these and ask as many questions as possible.
- Lots of couples have postponed their events till 2021 which means that vendors will be extremely busy with the additional weddings. Just keep this in mind when locking in dates, suppliers and catering.
- Shop online! Online shopping has boomed during the pandemic and customers are taking full advantage of this. When shopping for wedding stationery, decorations, gifts and favours – look at what each business is offering, how flexible they are and if they can meet your timeframe. Try and order in advance to avoid any postal delays (especially with Christmas just around the corner).
We want to thank our customers for their on-going support in 2020. We know that it has been an incredibly difficult year for the industry and our engaged couples.